Monday, November 1, 2010

Finding interesting and funs reads....

Lately, I"ve been reading history and many diversified documents to try and understand the life and times of my dear GGGF, Lawrence.  I came across "The History of Omro" where his name is mentioned.  This would be Omro, Wisconsin in the 1830-40's. 

Of course as I read through the contents of this piece, I found an entry in the table of contents titled " Home Remedies".  VERY Interesting!!!!!! They sure loved their turpentine in those days.............blah!

I offer these pics for your viewing and reading pleasure....





The link is http://digicoll.library.wisc.edu/cgi-bin/WI/WI-idx?type=article&did=WI.WFHistoryOmro.i0138&id=WI.WFHistoryOmro&isize=M

I hope all of you find such interesting tidbits along your journey..........gg

No comments: